Company: Gordon Food Service
Posted on: December 25, 2018
* Direct report to CFO
* Team of 150
* North American scope
* Managerial financial reporting, GAAP reporting/compliance, and financial controls
* Grand Rapids, Michigan HQ
Senior finance leadership role responsible for the managerial financial reporting, GAAP reporting and compliance, and financial controls for Gordon Food Service. Ensures timely and accurate general ledger close process, transactional accounting, payroll, and corporate insurance programs for the North American operations of Gordon Food Service, Inc. Member of the financial management team interacting with the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors.
The Corporate Controller is a visible and impactful position responsible for the integrity and oversight of GFS's company-wide accounting operations. The Corporate Controller leads a team of approximately 150, responsible for all corporate and business unit technical accounting, financial reporting (both management and GAAP), financial systems and implementations, corporate insurance programs, and all general accounting and shared services functions, including payroll, travel, fixed assets, inventory, special projects, financial reporting, and certain specialty company reporting, and accounting, etc.
* Provides a high degree of accountability, transparency and understanding with respect to financial reporting, accounting, and performance analysis across the organization. In concert with Business Unit Financial Leadership, establishes appropriate financial controls, policies and capabilities and ensure they are functioning properly to adequately safeguard the company's assets.
* Communicates, educates and prepares business leaders for accounting policy and practice changes which require operations and line management method changes; develops plans and methods for business unit adoption and implementation.
* Supports senior leaders on corporate strategic matters, including the financial impact of various strategic options.
Provides accounting policy and operational accounting expertise in support of the Gordon Food Service business. * Establishes, maintains and ensures compliance with internal accounting policy and external requirements. Monitors changes in business and external reporting requirements, such as GAAP and IRS, and determines applicability.
* Recruits, retains and manages a strong team that is sustainable over the long-term; able to grow and offer versatility with ever changing business needs. Serves as a mentor and teacher to the group to continually enhance their skills and effectiveness in the organization.
* Enhances the existing accounting function and anticipates future needs of the business. Designs and implements the appropriate accounting processes, internal controls and financial systems and ensures their evolution with the business.
* Designs disclosure controls and procedures to ensure that material issues or information are properly evaluated for financial statement disclosure, and all material transactions are accounted for in the company's financial statements on a consistent and timely basis.
* Designs the appropriate metrics and reporting to monitor performance of the accounting and shared services teams to ensure the functions are performing effectively and efficiently. Provides accurate and timely financial reporting including periodic financial reports. Works with General Counsel, Tax, and other leaders on other filings with regulatory agencies.
* Oversees external auditors, presents to the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors. Responsible for the effective, efficient and timely completion of the annual financial audit process.
* Assists the CFO with planning and evaluation of the fiscal functions and performance of the company. Supports ongoing internal business review processes, annual GAAP reporting and financial communication materials provided to the Board of Directors.
* Works to streamline and lever the shared service finance operations to provide cost effective and efficient transactional finance solutions.
* Introduces new technology to enable reporting, metrics and meaningful financial information.
* As a member of the GFS finance management team, helps drive business strategies and creates organizational leverage through the finance and accounting function. Drives business effectiveness and profit improvement by ensuring financial systems, processes and people are aligned and consistently provide value-add results.
anages multiple development teams in design, development, and implementation across multiple frameworks , programming languages and platforms
Leading Candidates will differentiate themselves with:
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business, or related discipline required; Master's preferred
* CPA Certification
* 15+ years accounting experience
* 5 years of previous leadership and managerial experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
* Leader of Finance or Accounting at a corporate or business unit level in large private or public company environment.
* Previous experience in a \\"Big 4\\" public accounting firm, working on audits of large, complex companies is preferred.
* Deep knowledge of financial systems, processing and interactions.
* Exposure to SAP or other tier one ERP systems.
* Knowledge of spreadsheet, word processing, presentation, e-mail, Internet.
Click Here to get a quick glance of who we are and the impact you could have on the food service industry.
There's a seat at our table for you!
Be part of an amazing culture where what matters to you, matters to us!
Gordon Food Service values our customers and understands that their success is largely dependent upon their workforce. To demonstrate our commitment to our partnership, we will require any candidate who works for a Gordon Food Service customer to provide a letter of support from their management if they are selected for the interview process.
We take care of each other at Gordon Food Service. Employees love our competitive benefit plans, which include all the things you would expect and a few that you might not!
Click here for more details.
Want to Learn More About Gordon Food Service? Check Us Out:
Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration for employment, or in terms or conditions of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. :
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request to email@example.com and use the words \\"Accommodation Request\\" in your subject line. Please keep in mind this method is reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability.
All Gordon Food Service locations are tobacco-free.
Gordon Food Service is a drug-free workplace and drug tests all employees.
Keywords: Gordon Food Service, Wyoming , Corporate Controller, Accounting, Auditing , Wyoming, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!