Associate Category Manager
Company: Gordon Food Service
Posted on: January 2, 2020
Associate Category Managers are responsible for collaborating with
key stakeholders on the national category team, division marketing
teams and with vendors to Execute strategies to achieve sales,
margin, and brand goals.
This position will have a focus on processed potatoes and
Your impact on the business:
Vision & Planning
* Assists the North American Category Director with the development
and implementation of the Annual Operating Plan to achieve
corporate goals for growth, earnings, RONA and brand
* Collaborates with divisional sales and marketing teams to create
and support divisional go-to-market strategies.
* Supports the planning and development of sales product training,
food show strategy, and other related activities in support of the
division marketing strategy.
* Develops and monitors marketing plans with key vendors and
brokers, including creating, monitoring, and adjusting effective
Communication & Relationship Building
* Communicates effectively with regional merchandising on issues
pertinent to business success, including the Divisions key
performance indicators and category management impact on
* Builds an effective feedback loop with regional merchandising and
sales teams related to unique market differences.
* Builds and leverages effective, collaborative, relationships with
business unit specific regional marketing teams by communicating
regularly via email and phone, and by conducting quarterly
ride-along with front-line sales and marketing employees.
* Manages a category plan for sales, net margin and brand
penetration. Monitors performance versus Annual Plan and works with
the divisions and vendors to take corrective action in order to
assure annual plan is achieved.
* Manages an end-to-end Category Management process that transforms
internal and external information and customer insights into a
relevant product assortment, net cost, and pricing that increases
Net Margin contribution for assigned categories.
* Oversees and approves product lifecycle management, from new
product selection and launch, to product discontinuation and
deletion, ensuring optimum product mix focused on defined customer
needs, operational efficiency and financial goals.
* Collaborates with regional merchandising and division marketing
teams to establish appropriate product assortment to attain Sales
and Net Margin goals.
* Collaborates with the North American Brand team to establish and
attain category brand penetration, new product development, and
* Develops and manages performance of strategic vendors toward
continuous service performance improvement utilizing Vendor
Business Reviews, the Strategic Business Development process,
top-to-top leadership engagement, Co-Creation of Value process and
the VIP Program.
* Is responsible for overall ownership for the business
relationship of assigned suppliers and for the final
determination/reconciliation of any business disputes.
* Develops new category supplier relationships for continuity of
supply and a competitive source of supply.
* Maintains knowledge of current trends and developments in the
field by reading appropriate books, journals and other literature
and attending related conferences, seminars, training, supplier
visits, etc. Maintains peer relationships in the field to share
issues and ideas.
What do we need from you?
* Proficient category management skills including product lifecycle
* Proficient analytical skills to analyze and interpret data
related to industry trends, pricing, margin performance, customer
* Ability to inject creativity, fresh thinking, and new
perspectives and to generate new and imaginative ideas.
* Proficient leadership abilities, capable of motivating others and
influencing direction without explicit authority.
* Proficient/Expert level experience with MS Excel.
* Ability to travel up to 30% (US and Canada).
Leading candidates will have:
* Bachelor's degree in Sales, Marketing, or other related field
* Three or more year's previous experience in brand, product or
category management with one year of project leadership
Find out more about our values, culture, and benefits at
gfs.com/careers. Be part of it!
Gordon Food Service values our customers and understands that their
success is largely dependent upon their workforce. To demonstrate
our commitment to our partnership, we will require any candidate
who works for a Gordon Food Service customer to provide a letter of
support from their management if they are selected for the
Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants and employees will receive consideration for employment,
or in terms or conditions of employment, without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a
qualified individual with disability. :
If you require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the
application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit
your request to email@example.com and use the words \\"Accommodation
Request\\" in your subject line. Please keep in mind this method is
reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a
All Gordon Food Service locations are tobacco-free.
Gordon Food Service is a drug-free workplace and drug tests all
Keywords: Gordon Food Service, Wyoming , Associate Category Manager, Executive , Wyoming, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!