Assistant Center Manager
Company: CSL Plasma
Posted on: January 8, 2021
With operations in 35+ nations and - 27,000 employees worldwide,
CSL is driven to develop and deliver a broad range of lifesaving
therapies to treat disorders such as hemophilia and primary immune
deficiencies, and vaccines to prevent influenza. Our therapies are
also used in cardiac surgery, organ transplantation and burn
treatment.CSL is the parent company of CSL Behring and Seqirus. CSL
Behring is a global leader in the protein biotherapeutics industry,
focused on bringing to market biotherapies used to treat serious
and often rare conditions. CSL Behring operates CSL Plasma , one of
the world's largest collectors of human plasma, which is used to
create CSL's therapies. Seqirus is the second largest influenza
vaccine company in the world and is a transcontinental partner in
pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and
control of influenza globally.We invite you to take a look at the
many career possibilities available around the globe and consider
building your promising future at CSL by becoming a member of our
team!Job Description SummaryIn the absence of the center manager,
this position has ultimate responsibility of entire center
operations, including production, quality compliance, finance, HR
and IT. In most centers, the Assistant Manager will have primary
responsibility for day-to-day center operations.Serves as the main
management support to CSL Plasma services center managerEnsures
on-going improvements and act as liaison with all corporate
functions to ensure center compliance and performance
- In the absence of the center manager, overall authority over
center operations production goals, monitor net yields and
implement improvement plans as required. Meet daily, weekly and
monthly deadlines and maintain operational records.
- Independently determine center labor usage to meet business
needs. Support meeting the established center production
- In collaboration with center manager, manage all inventories to
the optimum levels by maximizing efficiencies, customer service
levels and minimizing investment. Support meeting daily, weekly and
monthly deadlines and maintain center's operational records.
- Ensure efficient donor flow throughout the center. Identify
problem areas and implement corrective action as needed.
- In collaboration with center manager, ensure compliance with
all Company SOPs and applicable federal, state and local
regulations. Perform nearly all staff tasks and duties at a
proficiency level adequate for training and critiquing employees in
the performance of those tasks and duties.
- In absence of center manager, responsible for all aspects of
financial oversight. Responsible for center production goals.
Monitors net yields and implements plans for improvement when
required. Consistently meets daily, weekly and monthly deadlines
and maintains center's operational records.
- In collaboration with center manager, ensure meets financial
targets at all times and adheres to cash management, financial
reporting, and other financial responsibilities.
- In collaboration with center manager, support the center
philosophy of continuous improvement. Collect and analyze data to
maintain and improve center quality, efficiency and profitability.
Implement effective corrective action plans when appropriate.
- In collaboration with center and quality management, assist
quality compliance by meeting company, regulatory and customer
requirements to safeguard the purity and efficacy of the plasma and
the safety of donors and employees.
- In collaboration with center and quality management, assist
with all audits by working with quality personnel and QA team to
develop effective corrective action plans to address any areas of
deficiency noted during audits.
- Follow all HSE and OSHA policies and procedures. In
collaboration with center manager, ensure the center and all
employees comply with OSHA regulations and training. Complete all
OSHA record keeping and reporting requirements.
- In collaboration with center manager, maintain clean efficient
work environment, and ensure center has sufficient operating
supplies and forms. May conduct routine internal procedures and
- Support facility maintenance to highest safety, compliance and
cleanliness standards. Partner with corporate facilities to ensure
center compliance at all times.
- In collaboration with center manager, conduct recruitment,
training, development, counseling and termination. Manage
effectively employee turnover within center operations. Adhere to
HR policies and practices through fair and equitable treatment of
all employees. Communicate effectively with HR to ensure
- In collaboration with center manager, ensure excellent customer
service by all staff. Provide a model of good customer service to
employees. Communicate openly with customers. Effectively resolve
complaints or concerns.
- In collaboration with center manager, support all marketing and
advertising to ensure effectively executing programs for desired
results. Make applicable recommendations to improve
- In collaboration with center manager, represent the Company and
center in the community and with other business, local publications
- Maintain confidentiality of all personnel, donor and center
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.Education
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Equivalent combination of education and professional work
- Minimum 1 year supervisory or leadership experience responsible
for overseeing the activities of others required OR
- Completion of CSL Plasma Leadership Development
- Maintain company Technical Training certificationWorking
- Ability to make decisions which have significant impact on the
department's creditability, operations and services
- Ability to formulate complex and comprehensive materials such
as authoritative reports of major scope and impact, etc. and/or to
make formal presentations
- Reach, bend, kneel and have high level of manual dexterity to
lift boxes, carry instruments, pull or push furniture and/or
- Overnight travel required up to 10% of the time
- Generally spends 80% of the time standing and walking and 20%
of the time sitting
- Occasionally lift and carry up to 25 lbs.
- Occasionally perform tasks while standing and walking up to
100% of the time
- See, hear and speak with customers and center employees
- Approximately 60% of the time is spent managing center by
auditing, improving operations and observing ongoing operations
through the center
- Exposure to hazardous chemicals, extreme temperatures and to
blood borne pathogens
- Required to wear Personal Protective Equipment while performing
specific tasks or in certain areas
- Fast paced environment with frequent interruptionsAll qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
disability, veteran status, national origin or other legally
protected classifications.#CBWorker Type:EmployeeWorker Sub
Keywords: CSL Plasma, Wyoming , Assistant Center Manager, Executive , Wyoming, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!