Director Operational Finance
Company: Gordon Food Service
Posted on: December 25, 2018
* Direct report to CFO
* North American scope
* Responsible for all Business Unit Finance Teams (US Distribution, Canada Distribution, Retail) as well as Financial Planning & Analysis
* Grand Rapids, Michigan HQ
Senior level finance leadership role responsible for overseeing the finance teams that support each of the Business Units across Gordon Food Service, including US Distribution, Canada Distribution, Retail Stores, as well as the Financial Planning & Analysis function. Ensures Finance teams partner with all Business Units to provide world class financial insight and decision support on matters impacting the business. Responsible for developing, refining and overseeing the operational finance structure to provide effective, efficient and consistent business support. Assists in the development of goals and objectives for the Business Unit and its underlying divisions, monitors all key business indicators, and proactively evaluates and identifies opportunities for performance improvement. Responsible for the oversight and management of the annual forecasting and budgeting processes as well as the long-range planning process.
Reports to the Chief Financial Officer and collaborates with the Chief Operating Officer and Business Unit leadership teams across the entire business. In addition, as a member of the finance leadership team, this position interacts with the North American Shared Services group to ensure that business needs are being met and that the Business Units are consistently complying with the financial policies and guidelines of the organization.
* Leads Operational and Business Unit financial planning and analysis activities.
* Monitors financial performance and metrics.
* Establishes financial strategic goals, objectives and performance criteria.
* Provides financial leadership and counsel to the Business Unit Controllers and the broader Business Unit leadership teams.
* Directs the Business Unit Controllers and Business Intelligence team and ensures that critical information is made available to the business in a timely, efficient and consistent manner including trend analysis, customer profitability evaluation, and cost containment proposals.
* Directs the Business Unit Controllers and their credit teams to ensure proper credit risk management, adequacy reporting, use of appropriate tools and services and adherence to standards across the operations.
* Ensures the appropriateness and integrity of all Business Unit management reports.
* Reviews and provides insight into the financial performance of the Business Unit.
* Develops, executes and presents the annual and long-term operating plans across the business. Coordinates executive and board level reporting with the Chief Financial Officer.
* Supports the Chief Financial Officer in setting departmental vision, strategies, action plans and measurable objectives for the finance organization relating to Business Unit.
* Attracts, retains and develops the finance team needed to support a growing business.
* Acts as a liaison between the Business Unit and the Controller's organization, and ensures compliance with all North American and Business Unit policies and guidelines.
Leading Candidates will differentiate themselves with:
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business, or related discipline required; MBA preferred
* CPA Certification preferred
* 15+ years of finance or accounting experience
* 5 years of previous leadership and managerial experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
* Leader of Finance or Accounting at a corporate or business unit level in large private or public company environment.
* Significant knowledge of cash flow, forecasting and planning, and business economics and accounting principles.
* Deep knowledge of the GFS Distribution business operations.
* Deep knowledge of financial systems, processing and interactions.
* Exposure to SAP or other tier one ERP systems.
* Knowledge of spreadsheet, word processing, presentation, e-mail, Internet.
Click Here to get a quick glance of who we are and the impact you could have on the food service industry.
There's a seat at our table for you!
Be part of an amazing culture where what matters to you, matters to us!
Gordon Food Service values our customers and understands that their success is largely dependent upon their workforce. To demonstrate our commitment to our partnership, we will require any candidate who works for a Gordon Food Service customer to provide a letter of support from their management if they are selected for the interview process.
We take care of each other at Gordon Food Service. Employees love our competitive benefit plans, which include all the things you would expect and a few that you might not!
Click here for more details.
Want to Learn More About Gordon Food Service? Check Us Out:
Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration for employment, or in terms or conditions of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. :
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request to firstname.lastname@example.org and use the words \\"Accommodation Request\\" in your subject line. Please keep in mind this method is reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability.
All Gordon Food Service locations are tobacco-free.
Gordon Food Service is a drug-free workplace and drug tests all employees.
Keywords: Gordon Food Service, Wyoming , Director Operational Finance, Executive , Wyoming, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!