Application Development Manager
Company: Gordon Food Service
Posted on: November 4, 2019
In this newly developed role, you will primarily work as an
Application Development Manager within a centralized Application
Development and Enterprise Architecture group as a people manager
for roughly twelve to fourteen software engineers. You will be a
mentor and a coach for your team members. You will focus on helping
them grow and develop their skills and their professional career
while they deliver high quality and reliable code.
What will you do:
* Monitor current trends in staff sourcing, maintain awareness of
competitive threats and architectural opportunities.
* Recruits, retains and develops exceptional software engineering
* Proficient in managing vendors who supply outsourced software
* Evaluate risks and develop plans and actions to mitigate those
* Role model and professional coach for engineers with a strong
bias for action and focus on software craftsmanship principles.
Passionate about delivering high-quality software and service
* Influential mentor to nurture development best practices.
* Excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills that
helps align a high performance team around a vision yet open to
* Able to actively solicit, synthesize and deliver timely and
meaningful feedback for effective career planning for staff. Able
to set clear expectations for team members.
* Builds high performance individuals by managing, measuring and
improving our software engineering processes.
* Energized by creating a transparent environment focused on
sharing and supporting innovation.
* Work with other IT and business leadership to determine
priorities and resolve resource constraints. Collaborates with
Product Team Managers, Release Train Engineers, Product Managers
and Product Owners to advocate for and ensure the prioritization of
the right work at the right time.
Our Ideal candidate will have:
* Awareness of modern technologies that support digital
transformation such as AI, IoT, blockchain technology
* Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for
software delivery performance, coding standards, paired
programming, test driven development (TDD), code reviews, processes
to support continuous integration and delivery (CI/CD), DevOps,
automated testing, and operations.
* Passionate about following software craftsmanship principles such
as clean code.
* Experienced with building, adopting, and maintaining RESTful
* Experienced with SAFe delivery.
* 6 years of information technology experience with two years prior
supervisory or leadership experience or an equivalent combination
of education, training, and experience.
* Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or related field.
* Ability to multi-task, prioritize tasks to support staff that
might work independently or within a team environment.
* Proficient in leading people through change.
* Manage team budget.
* Mentor/coach staff to align with Agile/SAFe practices and
Find out more about our values, culture, and benefits at
Be part of it!
Gordon Food Service values our customers and understands that their
success is largely dependent upon their workforce. To demonstrate
our commitment to our partnership, we will require any candidate
who works for a Gordon Food Service customer to provide a letter of
support from their management if they are selected for the
Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants and employees will receive consideration for employment,
or in terms or conditions of employment, without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a
qualified individual with disability. :
If you require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the
application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit
your request to email@example.com and use the words \\"Accommodation
Request\\" in your subject line. Please keep in mind this method is
reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a
All Gordon Food Service locations are tobacco-free.
Gordon Food Service is a drug-free workplace and drug tests all
Keywords: Gordon Food Service, Wyoming , Application Development Manager, Executive , Wyoming, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!