Children's Supports Coordinator/Social Worker
Posted on: February 22, 2021
****THIS POSITION SERVES THE GRAND RAPIDS REGION. BI-LINGUAL
(SPANISH) PREFERRED *****
GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITIESTo ensure that needed and
appropriate services are provided as required by State of Michigan
laws, Services Manual Items, and applicable Service Standards
through the provision of direct service and contracted services.
Supports culturally competent recovery-based practices and person
centered planning as a shared decision making process.
- Master's Degree (Preferred) or Bachelor's Degree in a Human
Service related field.
- Two years of case manager/supports coordination preferred,
meets QIDP qualifications.
- One year experience in direct service with people with
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to ensure the delivery of consumer services.
- Ability to provide children and families resources to obtain
counseling, mentoring, educational services, independent living
skills training, housing and any other services to meet the needs
of eligible consumers and families.
- Knowledge of appropriate resources to service eligible
consumers and families
- Knowledge of new assessment methods.
- Current unrestricted valid driver's license.
- Completion of the personnel hiring requirements specified in
the Conditional Job Offer.
- Licensure as Social Worker in Michigan, or qualifications to
- Complies with all Spectrum Community Services' Personnel
Policies and Procedures.
- Complies with all other agency and program policies and
- Completes all tasks and duties as may from time to time be
assigned by Spectrum administrative staff.
- Service on assigned committees, completes special projects and
participates in agency decision-making as needed.
- Represents the agency's programs and services in the community
through interagency committees, organizations and public
- Maintains assigned identification cards, beepers, office
property appropriately; informs supervisor immediately if assigned
property is lost, stolen or broken; returns all assigned property
in good repair upon termination of employment.
- Maintains a positive approach to position and agency.
- Is able to manage a variety of tasks.
- Provides children and families with the resources to obtain
counseling, mentoring, educational services, employment,
independent daily living skills training, housing and any other
services to meet the needs of eligible children and families.
- Maintains case files/accurate records within specified time
frames as required by funding and regulatory agencies.
- Produces written reports and letters that are organized in
thought, displays proper grammar, spelling and professional
language while meeting Service Standard requirements for
- Prepares annual assessment of child and family needs.
- Develops, implements, and monitors the child and family plan of
- Completes all other duties assigned by Administration.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENTIt is the policy of Spectrum
Human Services to ensure equal employment opportunity without
discrimination or harassment. It is a violation of our policy to
discriminate in the provision of employment opportunities, benefits
or privileges; to create discriminatory work conditions; or to use
discriminatory evaluative standards in employment if the basis of
that discriminatory treatment is, in whole or in part, the person's
race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and conditions
related to pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, military,
marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, transgender status,
height, weight or genetic information. Spectrum Human Services
prohibits and will not tolerate any such discrimination or
harassment.The selected candidate must successfully complete a
comprehensive background check including fingerprinting, medical
clearance (TB test, drug screen and physical), DHHS clearance and
MVR clearance. PI130597287
Keywords: SPECTRUM, Wyoming , Children's Supports Coordinator/Social Worker, Healthcare , Wyoming, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!