Student Nurse Intern
Company: Cheyenne Regional Medical Center
Posted on: January 21, 2023
Schedule: Variable Days & Nights - Hours Per Week (ex. 24 not
Description Day in the life of a Student Nurse Intern: The Student
Nurse Intern provides a transitional role for nursing students
enrolled in a licensing board-approved pre-licensure nursing
education program. All duties will be performed under the
supervision of a Registered Nurse (RN). Student Nurse Intern will
work within the nursing process to perform basic care activities
and provide direct nursing care to assigned patients. Patient care
assignments may include Neonate, Pediatric, Adolescent, Adult and
Geriatric age groups. Here is what you will be doing:
- Delivers safe, direct care to an assigned group of patients.
(see Attachment A).
- Provides non-invasive duties as assigned by an RN (upon
validation of competency)
- Performs High-Risk/Invasive procedures under the - direct
supervision of an RN preceptor
- Uses nursing processes with direct guidance from an RN
preceptor and in collaboration with the healthcare team,
implementing and documenting individualized nursing care plans
incorporating age specific considerations, including discharge
planning and patient/family teaching.
- Works directly with RN preceptor to administer all routes of
medication, via the Seven Rights.
- Documents and communicates clinical findings to the RN
preceptor. Ensures that all documentation is validated and
co-signed by RN preceptor.
- Enhances professional growth and development through
participation in educational programs, reading current literature,
attending in-services, meetings, and workshops.
- Maintains a safe, comfortable, and therapeutic environment for
patients/families in accordance with CRMC standards.
- Participates in periodic progress evaluations with course
faculty and hospital leaders. Desired Skills:
- Acknowledge that any high-risk/invasive skills (Attachment A)
must be completed under - direct supervision of an RN
- Demonstrate an understanding and ability to apply critical
thinking skills to clinical practice
- Demonstrate an ability to work with others in a positive and
- Knowledge of key basic nursing functions including, assessment,
reassessment, medication administration, care plan development,
documentation, and evaluation of nursing interventions
- Knowledge of electronic medical record software programs for
- Ability to withstand prolonged periods of standing and walking
- Here is what you will need:
- Enrolled in a licensing board-approved pre-licensure nursing
- Two (2) semesters (1st year) of nurse training in such
- Two (2) letters of recommendation from current nursing
- Level of training documentation from the school of
nursing/nursing education program, including verification of
- Cheyenne Regional AHA RQI within 14 calendar days of start date
Nice to have:
- Certified Nursing Assistant certification
- One-year experience in inpatient general hospital setting
Keywords: Cheyenne Regional Medical Center, Wyoming , Student Nurse Intern, Healthcare , Wyoming, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!