Company: SKLD Wyoming
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Description:Position Summary:In keeping with our organization's
goal of improving the lives of the Residents we serve, the
Dietitian provides nutritional care to all Residents of the
facility through monitoring, care planning and education. The
Dietitian under limited supervision, makes recommended changes to
the Resident's diet in effort to help them reach their nutritional
and medical goals.Principal Duties and Responsibilities:Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
- Consult with physicians and health care personnel to assess
nutritional needs, diet restrictions and current health plans to
develop, implement, and document nutrition care plans in PCC and
provide nutritional counseling.
- Advise residents and their families on nutritional principles,
nutritional intervention plans and diet modifications, and food
selection and preparation.
- Monitor food service operations to ensure conformance to
nutritional, safety, sanitation and quality standards.
- Provides nutrition services and medical nutrition therapy
integrated with the Residents' medical goals.
- Evaluate, interpret, monitor and document the nutritional
status and nutritional needs of Residents using established
standards of care guidelines.
- Counsel individuals and groups on basic rules of good
nutrition, healthy eating habits, and nutrition monitoring to
improve their quality of life and to meet the cultural needs of
- Write diet orders as needed.
- Investigate and address weight losses and weight gains in
residents. Discuss resident weight differences with nursing
management to address the issue. Follow up continually to ensure
patient is meeting weight goals.
- Function as a member of the clinical interdisciplinary
- Must be knowledgeable of individual care plans and support the
care planning process by attending care planning meetings and
making recommendations regarding nutritional needs of Guests.
- Completes assigned MDS portions accurately and on time.
- Follow established safety precautions when preforming tasks and
using equipment and supplies.
- Be able to effectively work with residents with various and
altered mental statuses.
- Maintains the comfort, privacy and dignity of Residents and
interacts with them in a manner that displays warmth, respect and
promotes a caring environment.
- Must answer and respond to call lights promptly and courteously
when working in Residents care areas.
- Communicates and interacts effectively and tactfully with
Residents, visitors, families, peers and supervisors.
- Maintains a high level of confidentiality in accordance with
HIPAA guidelines at all times and protects confidential information
by only providing information on a need-to-know basis.
- Attend and participate in meetings and in-services as directed
or scheduled. Attends in-service and education programs and attends
continuing education required for maintenance of professional
certification or licensure.
- Understands Infection Control and follows the Company's
Infection Control guidelines, such as hand washing principles,
understanding of isolation and standard precautions, recognizing
signs and symptoms of infection, demonstrating and understanding of
the process for identifying and handling infectious waste and cross
contamination, maintaining personal hygiene, and complying with
OSHA standards in the workplace.
- Promotes and Protects Resident Rights by assisting Residents to
make informed decisions, treating Residents with dignity and
respect, protecting Residents' personal belongings, reporting
suspected abuse or neglect, avoiding the need for physical
restraints in accordance with current professional standards, and
supporting independent expression, choice and decision-making
consistent with applicable laws and regulations.
- Perform other tasks as required.#indwyo#pm22
Requirements:Education, Training, and Experience:
- Must be a Registered Dietitian, or Register Eligible, or
possess a Bachelor of Dietetics degree.
- Completed an accredited Diabetic internship program
- One year of experience as a Registered Dietitian
- Knowledge of LARA regulations.
Specific skills, knowledge, and abilities:
- Knowledge of medical nutrition therapy in a hospital or
long-term care facility.
- Ability to communicate effectively, analyze problems and
identify practical solutions.
- Must be able to relate to older adults.
- Ability to organize and perform assignments with minimal
- Must be able to work cooperatively with others in the
department and facility.
- Strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to communicate
well and work with families, volunteers, and the public.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, including evenings and
- Basic computer knowledge is required.
Keywords: SKLD Wyoming, Wyoming , Registered Dietitian, Healthcare , Wyoming, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...