First Cook, Yellowstone General Stores
Company: Delaware North
Posted on: May 12, 2022
The Opportunity Delaware North Parks and Resorts is hiring Cooks
to join our team at Yellowstone General Stores in Yellowstone
National Park, Wyoming. As a Cook, you will be re sponsible for
preparing meals for staff, communicating with kitchen staff,
keeping the workspace clean through out shift, and adhere to food
preparation and food storage health and safety guidelines. Some
locations may implement a vaccination requirement in the future if
required by federal, state, or local law. Responsibilities
- Assists in training and coaching of other team members.
- Prepares food to specifications before and during unit
- Properly measures and portions all food items. Complies with
all portion sizes, quality standards, department rules, policies
- Utilizes kitchen equipment to prepare food items such as:
knives, slicers, whips, pots, pans, warmers, steamers, grills,
- Ensures proper food temperatures are maintained and food is
- Ensures freshness and quality of all menu items and packages
all products to proper specifications.
- Performs opening, closing and side work duties as instructed
and according proper guidelines.
- Keeps workstation, coolers and equipment clean, organized,
sanitized, and sufficiently stocked.
- Follows and upholds all health codes and sanitation
- Uses waste control guidelines and records all waste on spoilage
- Completes end of day inventory and other opening/closing duties
in accordance with company checklists and procedures.
- Performs other duties assigned. Qualifications
- At least 1 year of previous experience in a back-of-the-house
foodservice position is required.
- Participation in a culinary program is preferred.
- Ability to read and comprehend prep sheets and recipes.
- Basic math skills; ability to understand, calculate and follow
recipe measurements and proportions. Physical Requirements
- Manual dexterity sufficient to chop, mix, blend, whip a variety
of foods and liquids.
- Ability to lift and carry large pans from ovens or freezers,
weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to handle or operate kitchen equipment.
- Standing and walking for the entire length of shift.
- Frequently required to reach up to 6-7 feet, twist at the
waist, bending and squatting
- Pushing and pulling occasionally, to move equipment, mops, and
- Kitchen environment - noise levels may be
- Works frequently in a hot and damp environment. Who We Are
Yellowstone General Stores are located throughout Yellowstone
National Park including near Old Faithful, Mammoth Hot Springs, and
Canyon Village. The locations offer the opportunity to explore the
more than 1000 miles of hiking trails, 40 waterfalls, and 10,000
hydro-thermal features like hot springs and geysers. We offer
dorm-style employee housing or full-hookup RV sites. We also offer
an employee meal program, store discounts, and recreational
activities in Yellowstone National Park for our associates. At
Delaware North, you'll love where you work, who you work with, and
how your day unfolds. Whether it's in sporting venues, casinos,
airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants,
there's no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We
empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of
success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the
thrill of making things happen - share our vision and grow with us.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries
consider applicants for all positions without regard to race,
color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability,
marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally
protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity
Keywords: Delaware North, Wyoming , First Cook, Yellowstone General Stores, Hospitality & Tourism , Wyoming, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!