Part-Time Evening Cook - Up to $2,000 sign on bonus
Company: SKLD Wyoming
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Description:NEW STARTING WAGE $16.00/hour.
Position Summary:In keeping with our organization's goal of
improving the lives of the Residents we serve, the Cook position is
responsible for providing nourishing food to Residents, and
employees under sanitary conditions as directed and in accordance
with established policies and procedures. The Cook will help to
assure that the dietary department is maintained in a clean, safe
and sanitary manner by assisting in all dietary functions and
providing supervision to all dietary aides.Principal Duties and
Responsibilities:Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Provide nutritional meals to Residents, staff and visitors as
- Plans meals far enough ahead to minimize the need for food
- Works closely with facility's Registered Dietitian to ensure
meals meet nutritional needs of the Residents. Makes changes to
meal plans when necessary with approval from the Food Services
Director or Registered Dietitian.
- Ensures food supplies are appropriate and places orders when
- Oversees food tray line to ensure trays are prepared according
to diet cards in an efficient manner to meet scheduled meal and
- Provide supervision to dietary aides as directed.
- Assure that established sanitation policies and procedures are
followed at all times in accordance with federal, state and local
- Follow established safety precautions when preforming tasks and
using equipment and supplies.
- Assure that work area is clean and free of hazardous conditions
such as spills, excess carts, and etc.
- Ensure that equipment, tools and supplies are properly stored
at all times.
- Report all equipment malfunctions and breakdowns to the
supervisor and keep the supervisor informed of supply needs.
- Report all hazardous conditions and equipment along with any
accidents/incidents to the Food Services.
- Maintains the comfort, privacy and dignity of Residents and
interacts with them in a manner that displays warmth, respect and
promotes a caring environment.
- Communicates and interacts effectively and tactfully with
Residents, visitors, families, peers and supervisors.
- Attend and participate in meetings and in-services as directed
or scheduled. Attends in-service and education programs and attends
continuing education required for maintenance of professional
certification or licensure (if applicable).
- Understands Infection Control and follows the Company's
Infection Control guidelines, such as hand washing principles,
understanding of isolation and standard precautions, recognizing
signs and symptoms of infection, demonstrating and understanding of
the process for identifying and handling infectious waste and cross
contamination, maintaining personal hygiene, and complying with
OSHA standards in the workplace.
- Promotes and Protects Resident Rights by assisting Residents to
make informed decisions, treating Residents with dignity and
respect, protecting Residents' personal belongings, reporting
suspected abuse or neglect, avoiding the need for physical
restraints in accordance with current professional standards, and
supporting independent expression, choice and decision-making
consistent with applicable laws and regulations.
- Perform other tasks as required.
#IndWyo #pm22 Requirements:Education, Training, and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Food Sanitation Certification preferred.
- One year of experience as a Cook preferred.Specific skills,
knowledge, and abilities:
- Able to prepare and ensure service of nutritional meals at the
proper times and temperatures, preserving flavor and
- Able to read, write, and follow written and oral instructions
- Basic knowledge of attractive food service, sanitation, and
Keywords: SKLD Wyoming, Wyoming , Part-Time Evening Cook - Up to $2,000 sign on bonus, Hospitality & Tourism , Wyoming, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...