Senior Payroll Coordinator
Company: Gordon Food Service
Posted on: January 10, 2019
It's way more fun to support financials on a healthy business than a struggling one...
and our family owned company has been generating healthy finances for 5 generations! But we're not complacent -- we're constantly looking for ways to be innovative and find better solutions for our customers. That doesn't end with the products and services we bring to restaurants, hospitals, and educational systems. It carries to the way we manage our business transactions in the short-term and our strategy for the long-term.
We're looking to onboard a Senior Payroll Coordinator for our US Payroll Team. This is a critical role that provides support for Payroll-related projects. This role will be knowledgeable of payroll functions and assists with questions, training and coverage, as needed while having responsibility for all payroll tax functions, including timely setup of jurisdictions, proper tax remittance, and accurate and timely review and creation of W2/T4 data. Creating standard and ad hoc payroll reporting and ensures all payroll-related general ledger accounts are reconciled are additional responsibilities to this role. See additional detail below!
What will you do?
* Responsible for payroll tax compliance and timely response to tax agency notices. Timely setup of tax jurisdictions.
* Performs monthly, quarterly, and year-end wage reviews and reconciliations to ensure accurate tax withholding.
* Maintains annual W-2/T-4 calendar of events and completes tasks by established deadlines to ensure timely and accurate creation and amendments of W-2s/T-4s for GFS employees.
* Prepares tax incentive schedules, ensuring data reported is accurate and timely.
* Maintains all tax locations within the payroll system and completes all BSI tax updates as appropriate.
* Provides support, performs testing and guides programming changes for system upgrades/modifications and other Payroll-related project,s.
* Reviews weekly payroll output and handles payroll processing exceptions.
* Reviews and balances 401k/RRSP deductions and sends reporting to Financial Services.
* Responsible for tracking and processing payroll responsibilities surrounding company trips and other taxable events.
* Responsible for processing Benefit Restoration and Deferred Compensation processing.
* Establishes format and reconciles monthly general ledger accounts, assisting others with balancing issues.
* Provides support and coverage for other members of the Payroll Team.
* Assists in training of new payroll team members.
* Documents and maintains all payroll procedures.
* Processes moving expense reimbursements.
Leading candidates will have the following….
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related.
* Three to five years previous payroll experience.
* Strong problem-solving and customer service skills..
* Excellent time management and organizational skills necessary to meet deadlines.
* Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously and complete them under pressure.
* Detail oriented and accurate.
* Lawson/Ceridian software experience helpful, but not required.
Click Here to get a quick glance of who we are and the impact you could have on the food service industry.
There's a seat at our table for you!
Be part of an amazing culture where what matters to you, matters to us!
Gordon Food Service values our customers and understands that their success is largely dependent upon their workforce. To demonstrate our commitment to our partnership, we will require any candidate who works for a Gordon Food Service customer to provide a letter of support from their management if they are selected for the interview process.
We take care of each other at Gordon Food Service. Employees love our competitive benefit plans, which include all the things you would expect and a few that you might not!
Click here for more details.
Want to Learn More About Gordon Food Service? Check Us Out:
Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration for employment, or in terms or conditions of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. :
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request to firstname.lastname@example.org and use the words \\"Accommodation Request\\" in your subject line. Please keep in mind this method is reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability.
All Gordon Food Service locations are tobacco-free.
Gordon Food Service is a drug-free workplace and drug tests all employees.
Keywords: Gordon Food Service, Wyoming , Senior Payroll Coordinator, Human Resources , Wyoming, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!