IT Manager - Digital Quality and DevOps
Posted on: June 25, 2022
As a family company, we serve people and communities. When you
work at Meijer, you're provided with career and community
opportunities centered around leadership, personal growth and
development. Consider joining our family - take care of your career
and your community!
- Weekly pay
- Scheduling flexibility
- Paid parental leave
- Paid education assistance
- Care.com/back-up care assistance
- Team member discount
- Development programs for advancement and career growth
Please review the job profile below and apply today!.This position
is eligible for our Hybrid work schedule; whereas, the Team Member
must live within reasonable commutable distance to our corporate
offices in (Grand Rapids) Walker, MI to be able to work in office
M-W, and optional work remote Th-F. Relocation assistance available
to align with Hybrid schedule requirements.Currently, Meijer is
looking for an IT Manager - Digital Quality and DevOps. The IT
Manager is a servant leadership role in an agile environment,
responsible for developing a high functioning team and coaching
team members to support skills development and career growth. The
IT Manager is responsible for planning and managing all projects
and budgets within assigned business areas to deliver business
value.The ITS digital organization is looking for a passionate
leader to drive quality of software development through Unit
Testing, Software Automation both at the API layer and UI layer.
This role is responsible for quality of meijer.com, native mobile
applications and loyalty systems.What You'll be Doing:
- Responsible for team member staffing and selection.
- Responsible for talent development, including active coaching
to support team member's technical and functional skills and career
- Develops and maintains a technology roadmap that supports
automation testing and DevOps (build & deployments).
- Ensure delivery of business value.
- Manages relationships with business partners and external
- Manages the execution and delivery of projects.
- Assesses project viability and recommends strategies and
tactics to satisfy customer needs. Contributes to the development
of annual business application system plans.
- Provide direction and support to project teams. Serve as
process consultant and coach to Scrum teams in understanding Agile
practices and processes, and how to be more effective, and ensure
continuous improvement and learning.
- Facilitates the removal of team blockers and impediments.
- Develops project resourcing strategies, allocating budget,
staff (on-site, off shore & vendor), tools and specialized support
necessary for cost-effective implementation and successful customer
- Provides direction to project teams and integrates activities
with other IT functions to ensure successful implementation and
support of project efforts.
- Ensures that application systems are developed in a way that
complies with security and architectural standards and established
- Monitors and reports to IT and user/customer management on the
status of multiple, concurrent project efforts.This job profile is
not meant to be all inclusive of the responsibilities of this
position; may perform other duties as assigned or required.What You
Bring with You (Qualifications):
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information
Systems, Business Information Systems, Engineering or related
discipline or equivalent work experience and technical training is
- Master's degree or equivalent is preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in business or systems development,
including implementation and installation in an online
- 3+ years demonstrating leadership skills and possessing a track
record of managing technical staff (cross-functional experience
- 3+ years of experience in which one or more of the following
- Demonstrated ability to build and develop teams.
- Demonstrated strong abilities in relationship management.
- Experience with DevOps Automation process and practices.
- Experience managing budgets and understanding impact of
financial decisions to P&L.
- Experience in the retail industry or in a production/service
environment is preferred.
- Exposure to a wide variety of software project management
methodologies and frameworks with a deep understanding of agile
- Successfully developed and implemented applications in new
computing architecture environments using new and emerging
- Leadership skills that create and foster an environment of
trust and empowerment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with an ability
to express complex technical concepts in business terms.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and conceptual skills.
- Strong project management skills with experience in organizing,
planning and executing large-scale projects from vision through
implementation, involving internal personnel, contractors and
Keywords: Meijer, Wyoming , IT Manager - Digital Quality and DevOps, IT / Software / Systems , Wyoming, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!