Full Stack Developer
Company: Gordon Food Service
Posted on: August 15, 2019
This role will reach for the future by leveraging emerging
technologies to solve current and undiscovered business
opportunities. It will mean a combination of hands on development
alongside ongoing collaboration with other technologists and
business stakeholders. Proximity with our new, separately managed,
innovation team means exposure to high level strategic problems
we're trying to solve and the ability to pivot quickly.
Do you live and breathe innovation?
Do you look at existing solutions and immediately feel drawn to
modernize and experiment?
Do you lean forward at the prospect of building software that
transforms relationships and businesses?
Is learning and taking action on that knowledge an expectation for
Do you thrive on complex engineering challenges that require rapid
development and automated testing in a team environment?
Do you want to help equip our customers to make running foodservice
operations a joy?
If so, we may need to meet.
We're looking for a Full Stack developer to help us on our quest.
To us, that means someone who is eager to jump in on a project with
enthusiasm whether that means researching and figuring out
solutions on the front or back end.
Every day our team comes to work looking for ways to improve
ourselves, and this role exemplifies that. It's placed at the heart
of a startup unit with line of site to enterprise challenges. That
means applying creative thinking to real, sometimes large, business
problems with the potential to immerse directly in our community of
customers, employees and suppliers.
We have an open Full Stack Developer position. This role will
partner with Digital Marketing to drive automation across the
customer journey using technologies like Drupal and Salesforce.com.
As part of that you'll have opportunities to build integrations,
connect disparate datasets, and transform how we serve
Why join the Customer Engagement team?
* The opportunity to transform the organization is huge. Our
specialty is at the intersection of emerging technology and how it
can benefit people and process.
* You'll build software that exemplifies modern development
* Aligned with high level goals, you're able to prioritize your own
tasks and collaborate with others as needed to succeed.
* Adapting to solve new problems sounds exciting to you. We'll be
tackling work that doesn't have defined precedents -- we pivot
quickly and find ways to encourage sustained adoption and
* Continuous learning is the norm here.
* You'd relish the opportunity to make running foodservice
operations a joy.
What do we need from you?
* A love for software development and a thirst to understand the
business benefits it unlocks.
* Willingness to dive in and understand enterprise systems so that
we can effectively integrate the new digital products we build.
* Fluency with the software development life cycle and software
engineering concepts so that you can advise us on automation and
how to front load functional software for iterative development.
Understand and be ready to use object oriented development.
* Resilience. We're working to change hearts and minds, not every
conversation will create an immediate positive outcome, we're in it
for the long haul.
* An obsession with learning. This person will need to gain context
of our current environment and afterward be constantly looking for
ways to improve it.
* Interest in understanding business problems and finding creative
ways to solve them.
* Active listening. When our business stakeholders share feedback
it's critical they feel heard and understood.
* Respect for keeping things lively. That means at times we'll need
to do maintenance on tools that have already been built, or come
back to our earlier work to make improvements.
Leading Candidates Will Have . . .
* A portfolio of software they've developed and can share.
* Demonstrated fluency in the software development lifecycle and
software engineering concepts.
* The ability to communicate complex engineering problems to a
* Long term goals in mind, and an understanding that there will be
lows and highs on our way to achieving them.
Skills That'll Give You an Edge
* Continuous Development (umbrella for continuous integration,
delivery, testing & deployment).
* Experience using artificial intelligence to automate data
capture, act in an event-based architecture, and transform
* Integrations experience with Salesforce.com
* Agile Scrum using JIRA.
* Static Code Analysis.
* Experience building integrations using XML, REST, SOAP etc.
More on What We Do
* gfs.com and gfs.ca are developed in Drupal
* Overview of software we've built, check out the navigation on the
* Our digital assistant for customers and employees, Gordon Now.
Also here's an intro video.
Find out more about our values, culture, and benefits at
Be part of it!
Gordon Food Service values our customers and understands that their
success is largely dependent upon their workforce. To demonstrate
our commitment to our partnership, we will require any candidate
who works for a Gordon Food Service customer to provide a letter of
support from their management if they are selected for the
Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants and employees will receive consideration for employment,
or in terms or conditions of employment, without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a
qualified individual with disability. :
If you require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the
application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit
your request to firstname.lastname@example.org and use the words \\"Accommodation
Request\\" in your subject line. Please keep in mind this method is
reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a
All Gordon Food Service locations are tobacco-free.
Gordon Food Service is a drug-free workplace and drug tests all
Keywords: Gordon Food Service, Wyoming , Full Stack Developer, IT / Software / Systems , Wyoming, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!