National Field Service Manager
Company: Gordon Food Service
Posted on: October 9, 2019
Welcome to Gordon Food Service! We are excited that you are
thinking about opportunities with us, and we have an amazing story
to share. Here's a quick glance of who we are and the impact you
could have on the food service industry: Gordon Food Service At A
Glance There's a seat at our table for you.. We are looking to
onboard a Chemical and Beverage Field Service Manager. Overseeing
the US footprint of our Chemical and Beverage Field Service teams,
this Manager will lead our team of Regional Field Service managers,
Training Department, and Technical Resource Center. They will also
collaborate with Regional Field Service Managers and teams to
ensure high level of service is maintained. Providing collaboration
between Service Center and Field Team to assure consistency of
service levels across US Divisions is key in this role.Position
- Education: High School Diploma or GED is required
- Experience: Five years previous sales or marketing experience
preferably with chemical and beverage product environment exposure
and three years previous supervisory experience OR an equivalent
combination of education, training, and/or relevant work
- Valid state driver's license (required)
- Clean driving record
- Ability to travel 30% - 50% of the year
- Must be 21 years of age or older A Chemical and Beverage Field
Service Manager supervises all aspects of the Chemical and Beverage
Regional Sales and Service team. They will train and develop Sales
and Service Specialists to ensure high level of service and repairs
on equipment programs.
- Manages the US Chemical & Beverage Field Service program.
- Creates process improvement teams to develop efficient
- Maintains warranty-billing program to bill manufacturers for
defective parts and a third-party service program.
- Manages equipment, central and van parts inventory to minimize
- Develops criteria for the field service staff to utilize to
determine when equipment should be repaired or refurbished.
- Reviews and collaborates with Regional Service Managers to
validate work time to ensure that the technicians are providing
efficient customer service
- Assists in developing capital and operational budget for the
department. Routinely monitors, manages and controls budget,
analyzes variances and takes appropriate action and develops plans
for productivity improvements.
- Interviews, hires, train, and retain staff. Conducts
performance monitoring of staff, initiating follow through with
disciplinary action and termination in consultation with Human
Resources when appropriate for the department. Mentors, motivates,
and develops staff and acts as a role model and resource to them.
- Provides Chemical and Beverage sales support to divisions from
a National perspective.
- Manages Chain Alliance Sales Services Specialists.
- Develops new training courses to assess Chemical and Beverage
training needs and identify strategies and/or plans to meet
Chemical and Beverage initiatives.
- Manages Chemical and Beverage parts warranty process to ensure
proper equipment maintenance schedules.
- Provides level 2 telephone support for the Chemical and
- Researches and develops Chemical and Beverage technical support
issues to enhance Chemical and Beverage level of service to
- Coordinates manufacturer and vendor training for Chemical and
Beverage staff. Other Skills/Abilities:
- Customer Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for
providing customer services. This includes customer needs
assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation
of customer satisfaction
- Business Acumen - Knowledge of business and management
principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation,
human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods,
and coordination of people and resources.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people
are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking
questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate
- Complex Problem Solving - Identifying complex problems and
reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the
strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or
approaches to problems.
- Judgment and Decision Making - Considering the relative costs
and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information
- Writing - Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate
for the needs of the audience.
- Coordination - Adjusting actions in relation to others'
- Must have good time management and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of Marketing principles and methods for showing,
promoting, and selling Chemical & Beverage products and
- Must display good presentation, change management,
facilitation, and collaboration abilities.
- Maintains knowledge of current trends and developments in the
- Knowledge of spreadsheet, word processing, presentation, email
and internet software applications.
- Knowledge of Metrix software preferred.
- Must possess the ability to learn proprietary sales and
reporting systems.Find out more about our values, culture, and
benefits at gfs.com/careers Be part of it! Gordon Food Service
values our customers and understands that their success is largely
dependent upon their workforce. To demonstrate our commitment to
our partnership, we will require any candidate who works for a
Gordon Food Service customer to provide a letter of support from
their management if they are selected for the interview process.
Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants and employees will receive consideration for employment,
or in terms or conditions of employment, without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a
qualified individual with disability. The EEO is the Law poster is
you require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the
application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit
your request to firstname.lastname@example.org and use the words "Accommodation
Request" in your subject line. Please keep in mind this method is
reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a
disability. All Gordon Food Service locations are
tobacco-free.Gordon Food Service is a drug-free workplace and drug
tests all employees.
Keywords: Gordon Food Service, Wyoming , National Field Service Manager, IT / Software / Systems , Wyoming, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!