Legal Counsel and Privacy Officer
Company: Gordon Food Service
Posted on: February 3, 2020
* Newly created Legal Counsel and Privacy role
* North American focus on IT, Technology and Innovation
* Together with the Chief Information Security Officer, will
establish and build Gordon Food Service's Privacy Program from the
This is an exciting time at Gordon Food Service with unprecedented
investment in technology and our digital capabilities. This role
will be instrumental in providing legal advice to the IT, business
transformation, digital, information security, marketing, and, in a
limited capacity, our sales teams. This role is also part of a
highly collegial and collaborative law department that has won
numerous awards, including one of Corporate Counsel's Most
Innovative Law Departments. Be part of it!
How will you impact the business:
* Legal Counsel for technology transactions (software license,
systems integration, negotiations, IT outsourcing (contracted
public facing websites as well as customer facing applications.
* Manages IP portfolio, including but not limited to, over 250
* Provides legal advice on sweepstakes, contests and promotions as
requested by the sales teams.
* Interprets contracts, negotiating through disputes and managing
litigation as it pertains to the foregoing.
* Owns privacy compliance, including researching new regulations
affecting the business in all areas; conveying them to the
business; developing compliance programs in cooperation with the
* Prepares training materials for business counterparts on various
areas of substantive law, process improvements, and proactive risk
* Recommends practical solutions and mitigating risk to the
* Supports business personnel in projects to mitigate risk or that
require legal input or guidance.
Our Ideal Candidate will have:
* 6 or more years of post-licensure legal experience required.
* Experience supporting IT (new and emerging Technology i.e. IOT,
* Experience working as an in-house lawyer (Fortune 500 or
comparably sized food industry company with a small legal
department is a plus)
* Admitted to State Bar of Michigan, license to Practice Law in
* Juris Doctorate is required
* Bachelor's Degree in IT, Computer Science, other Technology or
Find out more about our values, culture, and benefits at
Be part of it!
Gordon Food Service values our customers and understands that their
success is largely dependent upon their workforce. To demonstrate
our commitment to our partnership, we will require any candidate
who works for a Gordon Food Service customer to provide a letter of
support from their management if they are selected for the
Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants and employees will receive consideration for employment,
or in terms or conditions of employment, without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a
qualified individual with disability. :
If you require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the
application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit
your request to email@example.com and use the words \\"Accommodation
Request\\" in your subject line. Please keep in mind this method is
reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a
All Gordon Food Service locations are tobacco-free.
Gordon Food Service is a drug-free workplace and drug tests all
Keywords: Gordon Food Service, Wyoming , Legal Counsel and Privacy Officer, Legal , Wyoming, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!