Part-Time Cybersecurity Intern
Company: Gordon Food Service
Posted on: January 11, 2020
In the rapidly changing digital environment, organizations are
increasingly vulnerable to cyber security threats and have to
respond accordingly. As such, the Cybersecurity, Risk and
Compliance (CRC) team at Gordon Food Service is hiring a part-time
Are you currently enrolled in a Bachelor program and looking for a
part time job opportunity with flexible hours that will help you
gain experience in the Cybersecurity area? If so, read below!
The Cybersecurity, Risk and Compliance (CRC) team is responsible
for keeping GFS safe through a series of processes, tools and
relationships. The CRC team manages processes like: Risk
Management, Vulnerability Management, Policy Management, Threat
Intelligence, Application Security, Security Awareness, PCI, and
SOX while leveraging industry leading tools.
The selected candidate will have the opportunity to gain experience
in each of these processes and tools, while building relationships
and directly contributing value through hands-on assignments.
* Perform compliance audits against institutionally accepted
* Provide first level compliance monitoring and investigation.
* Research and evaluate applications and services for potential use
* Review and update documentation for policies, procedures,
standards and guidelines.
* Assist with vulnerability assessments and penetration testing for
specific applications, services, networks and servers as
* Assist with applications/tools including but not limited to: GRC,
DAST, SAST, DLP, SIEM.
* Become educated on how enterprises are dealing with educating and
improving awareness for employees to manage cybersecurity risk
* Other duties as assigned.
Requirements and qualifications:
* Qualified candidates must be enrolled in or completed a Bachelor
program in Information Security, or a relevant field
* Working knowledge of security applications and concepts will be
* Working knowledge of multiple operating systems and ability to
understand rudimentary database statements is a plus
* Familiarity with network security tools
* Must have effective written and verbal communication skills
* Willing to work a part-time schedule that could vary based on
* Candidates must also demonstrate efforts to continuously improve,
exhibit enthusiasm, high expectations of self, initiative,
openness, optimism, teamwork, trustworthiness and willingness to
invest the time and energy to be successful
Beyond some great experience to add to your resume, we can offer
* Competitive pay --- get paid while you learn!
* Networking opportunities, inside and outside of Gordon Food
Find out more about our values, culture, and benefits at
gfs.com/careers. Be part of it!
Gordon Food Service values our customers and understands that their
success is largely dependent upon their workforce. To demonstrate
our commitment to our partnership, we will require any candidate
who works for a Gordon Food Service customer to provide a letter of
support from their management if they are selected for the
Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants and employees will receive consideration for employment,
or in terms or conditions of employment, without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a
qualified individual with disability. :
If you require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the
application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit
your request to email@example.com and use the words \\"Accommodation
Request\\" in your subject line. Please keep in mind this method is
reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a
All Gordon Food Service locations are tobacco-free.
Gordon Food Service is a drug-free workplace and drug tests all
Keywords: Gordon Food Service, Wyoming , Part-Time Cybersecurity Intern, Other , Wyoming, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!