Company: ArtiFlex Manufacturing
Posted on: May 3, 2021
ArtiFlex is looking for an experienced Machine Designer who
thrives on variety and enjoys a high-paced work environment to join
our dynamic AutoMatrix team! We offer an opportunity to work with a
variety of types of projects, industries, automation systems, and
Efficiently and effectively, design manufacturing solutions
(tools, dies, and machines) that meet or exceed customer
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Use SolidWorks software to produce drawings from sketches,
existing drawings, images, & other forms of communication.
- Understanding of machine design theory and make accurate
- Provide designs that are manufacturable, accurate, meet project
scope, and will work with departments within the company to ensure
work conveys correct information and is error free.
- Apply standard drafting/design principles and theories to
- Draft engineering notes, specifications, rough sketches and
formalize them into working drawings.
- Utilize technical manuals to ensure compliance with company
policies and applicable standards and codes.
- Develop bills of material.
- Confer with engineers or other personnel to implement operating
procedures, resolve system malfunctions, or provide technical
- Investigate equipment failures or difficulties to diagnose
faulty operation and recommend remedial actions.
- Specify system components or direct modification of products to
ensure conformance with engineering design, performance
specifications, or environmental regulations.
- Work cooperatively and jointly within a team to provide quality
- Maintain a positive attitude toward customers and team
- Work with cross-functional team to complete projects on time
while meeting planned budget.
- Communicate with team members, management, and customers
regarding job progress and identify potential issues.
- Practice and encourage safety-conscious design processes.
- Provide guidance to less experienced engineers on the
- May perform other duties as assigned or required.
Who you will report to:
- Collaborative, creative, and fast-paced office in Wyoming,
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or equivalent work
- At least 5 years of experience with SolidWorks, NX, Mechanical
Desktop, or Inventor design software using 3-d modeling.
- Experience with automotive automation/machine design (mig weld,
spot weld, adhesive, etc.) is a plus.
- Experience with manual machining, CNC programming/operation,
welding, lathe operation, and assembly is a plus.
- Experience with pneumatic systems, hydraulic systems, and servo
- Ability to think creatively, invent solutions, and work around
- Ability to understand how and why mechanisms work is an
- Project and program management skills; ability to handle
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to coach and develop less experienced staff.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, Short Term
Disability, Life, Flex Spending, 401k, Paid Time Off, Holiday.
ArtiFlex is a manufacturer providing design, tooling,
automation, past-model service, factory assistance for low-volume
tooling and production solutions. ArtiFlex is always looking for
top-notch, innovative team members to join our teams in Michigan
and Ohio. Our strong reputation has been built on innovative
advanced manufacturing technology, strong leadership, and a highly
productive and committed workforce.
Keywords: ArtiFlex Manufacturing, Wyoming , Machine Designer, Other , Wyoming, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!