Company: Dean Foods Company
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Job Description & Requirements
The Production Manager provides leadership and direction to the
plant in areas of responsibility including administration,
production, processing, packaging, scheduling, sanitation, quality,
purchasing, safety and environmental. He/she works with the Plant
Manager and/or Operations Manager as the liaison between the Plant
and other departments including Sales, Distribution, Corporate, and
State and Federal Regulatory Personnel.
- Directs the overall activities of the manufacturing facility to
ensure customer orders are received, scheduled, and produced at the
lowest possible cost to meet the customer's requirements while
maintaining established safety and quality standards.
- Analyzes plant operations and key metrics to ensure that the
facility maintains high quality and safety standards to continue to
maintain our leadership position in the industry.
- Is responsible for expense management and control, including
shrink, labor and overhead costs utilizing Continuous Improvement
techniques and a Management Operating Structure (MOS).
- Ensures that Standard Operating Procedures are developed and
maintained for all aspects of the business.
- Cooperates in a cross-functional manner as a change agent with
all departments within the Company.
- Engages in the typical responsibilities of a manager requiring
planning, evaluating, organizing, integrating, and delegating.
- Provides management of employees directly or through
supervisors to ensure effective selection, retention, development,
disciplinary action and performance management. If a collective
bargaining agreement exists, may participate in negotiations,
grievances or other contract related activities and
- Leads by example with the DFA Dairy Brands Code of Ethics. This
includes following Company policies, standards and
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school graduate or equivalent required.
- Bachelor's degree in Business or related field, preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of hands-on experience within a
- A minimum of 2 years supervisory experience.
- Familiarity with Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Union (for union facilities), Safety, and Workers Compensation
- Experience leading and following Safety/Security Policies and
- Ability to follow all Sanitation and Quality Policies and
Procedures, and report and follow through on any deficiencies.
- Ability to follow Continuous Improvement (CI) Processes in the
Management Operating Structure (MOS).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and computer-based
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Ability to adapt to changing organizational and operational
needs; ability to lead others through change.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Skill in organization and prioritization, and attention to
- Strong team player and leader with the ability to work across
multiple functions and disciplines.
- Ability to select, coach, develop, engage, and retain a team of
- Must be able to pass all pre-employment screens (including
drug, background and criminal checks).
Equal Opportunity Employer
EEO is The Law - click here for more information
California applicants, click here for information regarding the
data collection notice for California Consumer Privacy Act.
Keywords: Dean Foods Company, Wyoming , Production Manager, Other , Wyoming, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!