Posted on: June 3, 2021
GENERAL STATEMENT OF
Schedules and coordinates activities for individuals, both
in their home and in the community. Additionally, plans specific
activities to support individuals in reaching their personal growth
goals. Communicates and coordinates all issues/information related
to these activities. Reviews progress data and reports on outcomes
toward goal areas. Supports culturally competent recovery-based
practices and person centered planning as a shared decision making
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- CMH/DMH Training preferred.
- One year experience working with people with
- Character of high moral standards as stated in licensing
- Three reference deemed acceptable to Spectrum
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to successfully complete trainings required in
- Ability to communicate, both verbally and in writing, in
a clear concise manner.
- Ability to interact with people in a positive and
supportive manner and to provide leadership.
- Ability to work flexible hours, short notice and
different work sites as needed.
- Ability to complete payroll bi-weekly, ensuring
calculations and numbers are accurate.
- Life experiences with diverse racial, ethnic and cultural
backgrounds, including experience with behavioral health issues, is
- Must support a trauma informed culture of safety to aid
consumers in their recovery process.
- Eighteen years of age or older.
- Current unrestricted valid drivers license.
- Completion of the personnel hiring requirements specified
in the Conditional Job Offer.
- Develop schedule for outings and activities based on
individuals Person Centered Plan and interests.
- Problem solves and monitors individuals
- Provide support in all areas of daily living as needed by
individual. This may include lifting individuals, assisting in
transferring, moving wheelchairs.
- Support individuals in obtaining the goals (s)he have
envisioned and outlined in their Person Centered Plan.
- Enhance individual participation and involvement in
his/her community. This may include
- Where assistance is requested/required, support
individuals in making choices, advocate for him/her in areas of
needs and wants.
- Assist individual in developing new relationships and
supporting existing relationships.
- Interacts and communicates in a manner that is respectful
toward all individuals.
- Creates environment and conducts activities in a manner
that ensures health and safety of individuals.
- Develops and uses effective communication with each
individual using a style suited to the individual.
- Trains and role models for team members.
- Facilitates shift and team working together to achieve
- Communicate in a positive and productive manner at all
times with co-workers, families/guardians and the
- Provide a positive role model for individuals, co-workers
while in the community.
- Support co-workers and actively participates in team
process, both in base program and other programs.
- Monitors homes environment and communicates safety
- Provides complete, accurate and timely
- Performs tasks that contribute to the day to day
operation of the home (such as cooking, cleaning, laundry,
- Performs tasks in accordance with Spectrum Community
Services Policies and Procedures and that of other regulatory
bodies, (CMH, CARF, AFC Licensing Recipient Rights,
- Maintains home and vehicle in safe manner. Fixes or
notifies someone, i.e., supervisor of any safety or maintenance
- Provides transportation in a safe manner for consumer
using agency vehicle.
- Operates vehicles and equipment in a safe manner at all
- Ensure that accurate documentation on activity and
program areas is provided on a daily basis.
- Collect/collapse data to measure performance toward
individual, program and agency goals.
- Meet regularly with Program Manager in order to ensure
good communication and progress toward goals.
- Actively participates in SCS Quality Improvement Plans
- Identifies areas for improvement and helps make the
- Actively participates in staff and team meetings and in
all trainings (both required by position and
- All other duties as assigned.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
It is the policy of Spectrum Human Services to ensure
equal employment opportunity without discrimination or
harassment. It is a violation of our policy to
discriminate in the provision of employment opportunities, benefits
or privileges; to create discriminatory work conditions; or to use
discriminatory evaluative standards in employment if the basis of
that discriminatory treatment is, in whole or in part, the persons
race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and conditions
related to pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, military,
marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, transgender status,
height, weight or genetic information. Spectrum Human
Services prohibits and will not tolerate any such discrimination or
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF
I understand and agree to perform and to be held
accountable for the above areas of responsibility. I understand
that Spectrum Human Services reserves the right to revise or change
job duties as the need arises. This position description does not
constitute a written or implied contract of employment. I, have a
copy of this position description. I have read the position duties
and responsibilities. I understand that a copy of this position
description and acknowledgment will be kept in my personnel
In consideration for my employment, I agree to conform to
the rules and regulations of Spectrum Human Services and my
employment and compensation can be terminated, with or without
cause, and with or without notice, at any time, at the option of
either the company or myself. I understand that no supervisor,
administrator, or representative of Spectrum Human Services, other
than the President of the Company, has any authority to enter into
any agreement for employment for any specified period of time, or
to make any agreement contrary to the foregoing.
Keywords: SPECTRUM, Wyoming , ACTIVITY LEAD, Other , Wyoming, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!