Company: Zeeland Lumber
Posted on: November 11, 2021
Now Designing – Future Leaders!
Zeeland Lumber & Supply, a Division of
US LBM is Seeking a Truss Designer for our Wyoming, MI
We are looking for a Truss Designer to add to our team. We’re a
people first company that’s passionate about continuous
improvement. Are you looking to join a company that promotes from
within? If you enjoy working hard in a fast-paced environment, then
apply now to join!
What you should know about working at Zeeland Lumber &
- We are all about teamwork! All positions are
hands-on, and we band together when necessary.
- We support each other. We have local and
corporate team members to help you along the way and partner on
projects as appropriate.
- We are a relaxed atmosphere; this is not a
suit and tie environment.
- We care about our communities. USLBM, our
divisions and associates are committed to contributing to the
communities where we live and work.
- We work hard. We are a continuous improvement
driven organization and we are focused on keeping organized and on
- We’re built on safety. We provide a safe and
healthy workplace for all our employees. Our employees go home in
the same condition they came to work.
How You Will Spend Your Days as a Truss
- Create component designs for shop fabrication based on
information gathered from customers and project documents.
- Design residential roof and floor system and produce layouts
using Alpine software
- Partner with your internal and external customers to ensure
accuracy on estimates.
- Maintain job related files, including project status' and
- Using critical thinking skills to resolve architectural and
- Create and update component designs for prefabrication shop and
- Provide exceptional customer service by assisting customers as
needed providing accurate, timely, and through information.
We want you to build your career with us! Can you check
all of these boxes?
Truss Designer Requirements:
- 2 Year degree in architectural drafting or estimating is
- Experience in truss design, layout, working with 3D
applications, takeoff, quoting and/or sales is helpful.
- Adaptability in a fast place environment where priorities can
- Excellent oral communication skills and positive interpersonal
skills; you’re a team player.
- Ability to maintain and enhance positive customer
- Organized, detail oriented, and good math skills.
- Experience with Alpine software is a plus
Building Your Career With Benefits:
- The Usual. Medical, Dental and Vision
(starting the 1st of the month after 30 days)
- The Good. 401(k) with company match
- The Best. Paid Time Off and Closed
- Even Better. Employee Discounts and Company
- How do we top that? We support your
educational and career goals with our continuing educations
programs, paid training and promoting from within.
Build Your Future Today With Zeeland Lumber &
Zeeland Lumber & Supply is an equal opportunity employer of
all qualified individuals.
We are committed to being a welcoming workplace that includes
partnering with individuals with diverse backgrounds and
experiences. This helps us hold our mission of being the Employer
of Choice while providing our employees with the ability to build
their career. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veteran and persons
with disabilities are encouraged to
Keywords: Zeeland Lumber, Wyoming , Truss Designer, Other , Wyoming, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!