Mid-Senior Level Engineer - Civil
Company: Martin-Martin Inc
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Martin/Martin Wyoming, Inc. is looking for a mid to senior level
engineer to join our Civil Engineering Group in our Wyoming office.
This engineer will work for multiple project managers on a broad
range of project types. This position will focus on multiple
markets and will include opportunities to gain experience on
numerous project types. A typical work week can include engineering
calculations, drawing development, site visits, etc. Projects are
typically in the Rocky Mountain Region but can sometimes take us
nationally, offering the opportunity to travel. This position
allows for interactions with owners, architects, contractors early
in your career along with opportunities for marketing activities.
We operate in a fast-paced environment and strive to support a
culture that is collaborative, innovative, and creative. Each
project presents unique challenges and opportunities to learn and
grow as an engineer. The successful candidate will develop
expertise in a broad range of structural engineering. About
Martin/Martin Wyoming, Inc. Headquartered in Cheyenne,
Martin/Martin Wyoming (MMWYO) and its antecedents, have conceived
and successfully completed structural and civil engineering design
solutions for more than 30 years. The vast knowledge and practical
experience developed by our professional staff incorporates plans
for new construction and evaluation and renovation of existing
construction, completed in locations throughout Wyoming and the
surrounding states. Benefits:
- Competitive Pay
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Earned Parental Leave Program
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Company Paid Continuing Education
- Comprehensive Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Life, Short-Term, and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account (HSA)
- 401(k) Plan Company Match and Profit Sharing (when appropriate)
- Hybrid Work Environment
- Extensive Employee Events (outings, picnics, golf, and ski
- Employee Recognition Awards
- Internal Continuing Education and Training
- Community Involvement (Martin/Martin Gives Back Program)
- PE License Reimbursement
- Opportunity to Work on Exceptional Projects Duties and
Responsibilities Include: The following duties are illustrative
only and are not intended to be all inclusive.
- Manage a team of civil engineers and CAD technicians to deliver
a high-quality project for small to medium sized projects from
start of design through construction, meeting deadlines and design
- Engage with clients as primary point of contact and collaborate
with other Martin/Martin Wyoming staff to provide exceptional
- Attends project meetings and represents Martin/Martin Wyoming
Inc. during design and construction.
- Oversee multiple projects with a wide variety of clients,
regulators, and authorities.
- Serves as the primary point-of-contact with clients and
contractors for their projects throughout design and
- Produce high-quality project documentation using computer
design and graphics software programs.
- Assist Project Manager in construction administration tasks
such as shop drawing review, performing field observations, and
responding to Requests for Information.
- Actively participate in personal professional development
through researching code requirements, being inquisitive through
asking questions, completing reference research, and attending
technical training seminars.
- Collaboratively engage with other Martin/Martin Wyoming staff
to provide exceptional engineering solutions for our clients.
- Participate in the firm's marketing effort to develop future
clients and maintain current client relationships.
- Progressively build clientele through project management
- Builds relationships with clients, advocate with current
clients for future work.
- Develop rapport and confidence with Clients through
communication and quality engineering work.
- Under the guidance of a Project Manager, manage projects, track
- Coordinates structural design scope in-house and with other
- Develops, monitors, and manages project work plans, schedules,
and design budgets.
- Leads and Mentors a team of civil engineers and CAD technicians
with a team-based approach to project delivery. .
- Bachelor's degree in Civil or Architectural Engineering, plus a
minimum of four years (or MS with a minimum of 3 years) of
progressive civil engineering experience.
- Registered Professional Engineer in the State of Wyoming or
ability to obtain one within 3 months.
- Demonstrates to Principals and Associates the required skills
to be in responsible charge of assigned projects and/or tasks.
- Consistently meets established financial metrics.
- Committed to client service and a team-based approach.
- 4 - 10 years of progressive civil engineering design and
experience. Desired Qualifications:
- Experience using AutoCAD/Civil3D and/or MicroStation/Inroads to
produce transportation construction documents.
- Has designed numerous projects and has followed them through
from start of design to completion of construction.
- Demonstrates high-level internal and external communication
- Contributes to the betterment of the company through
engagement/leadership in the Company initiative.
- Shows strong commitment to continued personal growth and
development in all aspects of their work.
- Strong written, technical, and interpersonal skills. Excellent
time management and organizational skills.
- Demonstrates appropriate management and leadership
- Demonstrates high-level project management skills, including
the ability to consistently meet project budgets.
- Ability to handle confidential information.
- Demonstrates skill and a positive attitude in completing
- Demonstrates a willingness to take on additional work and
- Demonstrated success working on multi-disciplinary engineering
- Experience in managing multiple clients simultaneously.
- Drainage and Transportation design experience.
- Experience managing projects including production engineers and
- Experience working on Federal and State projects.
- Experience in team leadership and managing and mentoring junior
staff. Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in
the U.S. We are unable to offer visa sponsorship for this position
at this time. Please note that due to the volume of applications
received, we are unable to respond to individual inquiries about
the status of your application. Martin/Martin Wyoming, Inc. is
dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity. We
prohibit unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees on
the basis of age 40 and over, color, disability, gender identity,
genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin,
race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or any other applicable
status protected by state or local law. PI174594087
Keywords: Martin-Martin Inc, Wyoming , Mid-Senior Level Engineer - Civil, Other , Wyoming, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!