Business Solutions Specialist
Company: Gordon Food Service
Posted on: November 14, 2019
We have an exciting opportunity for you to be a driver of change
and improvement! Have you watched those shows about flipping
restaurants? The Business Solutions Specialist provides you with
the opportunity to be like those people on T.V! This person
develops relationships with and provides value-added services to
select current and potential customers.
Your success is determined by your ability to:
* Provide relevant business solutions to complement the initiatives
of our Sales and Marketing teams, with an ultimate goal of
increasing the overall market share of Gordon Food Service.
* Interface and collaborate with key customers to achieve sales and
* Execute key customer menu developmental plans for the region.
* Work collaboratively with Product Specialists to provide back of
the house consulting to key current and prospective customers to
include recipe development, portioning, and plate
* Work directly with key customers to provide Back of House
consulting in areas such as kitchen layout, development of training
programs, and Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP)
* Provide front of the house consulting to key and prospective
customers to include wait staff training, silent shopper
evaluations, and menu layout and design.
* Ensures consistent and relevant business solutions training for
sales teams, in collaboration with other divisional marketing team
* Participate in planning, coordination, and execution of food
shows, sales and marketing meetings, and industry events.
* Leverage Home Office content and insights to be used in the
division and direct to customers, support adoption, and leverage of
tools (ATR, Customer Success).
* Assist in the development of segment business plans. Analyze of
trend data and incorporate the data to develop business solutions
that strengthen the relationship between GFS and key regional
* Assist in key customer business reviews.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
* Excellent customer service, mentoring, interpersonal and
* Must be able to develop, refine, communicate, and implement plans
and to set and define goals.
* Must maintain knowledge of industry trends and be able to provide
training on the technical aspects of commercial or non-commercial
* Must have industry and segment knowledge and be able to analyze
and interpret data.
* Must have good time management, administration, and
* Must be able to build relationships, network, influence and link
resources to plan and execute business practices.
* Must have the ability to multi-task and be able to work
\\"exceptional\\" hours including evenings and weekends and be able
to take on new responsibilities with a strong desire to
* Develops solutions to complex problems that require the regular
use of ingenuity and innovation. Ensures solutions are consistent
with organization objectives
Minimum Years of Experience:
* Three to five year previous food service operations experience or
an equivalent combination of education, training, and
* In lieu of the specified education and experience requirements, a
proven capability to perform the essential functions of the job, as
demonstrated by an equivalent combination of education, training
and/or relevant work experience may be considered.
Find out more about our values, culture, and benefits at
gfs.com/careers. Be part of it!
Gordon Food Service values our customers and understands that their
success is largely dependent upon their workforce. To demonstrate
our commitment to our partnership, we will require any candidate
who works for a Gordon Food Service customer to provide a letter of
support from their management if they are selected for the
Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants and employees will receive consideration for employment,
or in terms or conditions of employment, without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a
qualified individual with disability. :
If you require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the
application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit
your request to email@example.com and use the words \\"Accommodation
Request\\" in your subject line. Please keep in mind this method is
reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a
All Gordon Food Service locations are tobacco-free.
Gordon Food Service is a drug-free workplace and drug tests all
Keywords: Gordon Food Service, Wyoming , Business Solutions Specialist, Other , Wyoming, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!