Company: Gordon Food Service
Posted on: January 8, 2020
Do you have an interest in digging into data? Have you thought
about being an Analyst? We\'d like you to consider applying to be
considered for future Cost Analyst positions.
In this position you will perform activities to ensure accurate
financial and margin results through the proper assignment of cost
factors, sales and purchase agreements to drive profitable case
growth of products while minimizing all purchasing cost issues such
as PO/Invoice errors, repayments, credit claims, and samples.
If you want to do analysis, think outside of the box! Don't limit
yourself to financial services, insurance, and accounting firms --
the Food Service industry is fast paced and competitive, bursting
with opportunities to leverage your analytical skills to improve
profit margins and financial results.
Why join the Cost Team:
Communication & Relationship-Building
* Collaborates with the Category Management Team during the
analysis of vendor cost changes.
* Collaborates with the Category Management Team and the Vendor
Receivables Team to execute the accurate and timely implementation
of vendor purchasing agreements.
* Collaborates with A/P and V/R on cost and repay issue
* Collaborates with National and Divisional Sales and Divisional
Marketing Teams to provide support as necessary.
* Supports the Lead Category Buyer to develop background data for
formulas and cost models in category market reviews.
Your success is determined by being able to:
* Provide analysis and recommendations to assist in the approval of
cost changes in collaboration with Category Management Teams.
* Be responsible for the maintenance of all cost factors:
* Responsible for the accurate implementation and maintenance of
invoice, market, and other cost factors in GFS ERP System for all
stocked, Special Order, and JIT items across all GFS divisions.
* Work with Accounts Payable and vendor community to resolve any
cost related discrepancies between a GFS purchase order and a
* Be responsible for the implementation and maintenance of long
term purchasing agreements in collaboration with the National
Category and Vendor Receivables Team.
* Support growth and accuracy in margin through continuous audits
of vendor agreements.
Does this sound like you?
* Bachelor degree in Business Management or related field.
* Two years previous buyer, cost administrator or logistics buyer
experience or an equivalent combination of education, training, and
* Advanced knowledge of spreadsheets; MS Excel and Google (pivot
tables, VLook Up, etc).
Find out more about our values, culture, and benefits at
Be part of it!
Gordon Food Service values our customers and understands that their
success is largely dependent upon their workforce. To demonstrate
our commitment to our partnership, we will require any candidate
who works for a Gordon Food Service customer to provide a letter of
support from their management if they are selected for the
Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants and employees will receive consideration for employment,
or in terms or conditions of employment, without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a
qualified individual with disability. :
If you require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the
application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit
your request to email@example.com and use the words \\"Accommodation
Request\\" in your subject line. Please keep in mind this method is
reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a
All Gordon Food Service locations are tobacco-free.
Gordon Food Service is a drug-free workplace and drug tests all
Keywords: Gordon Food Service, Wyoming , Cost Analyst, Professions , Wyoming, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!