Maintenance Mechanic - Grand Rapids
Company: Alpha Baking
Posted on: January 4, 2022
KEY RESULT AREAS: (State general nature, level and purpose of
job in summary form.) This position is responsible for performing
preventive maintenance for all manufacturing operations. In
addition, it provides assistance or takes on sole responsibility of
machine troubleshooting and repairing problems. This position is to
repair, service, and maintain the plant and plant equipment. It
also ensures food safety, HACCP, SQF, and GMP program
compliance.PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (List each job
duty or responsibility which is critical to the successful
performance of the job.)
- Respond to breakdowns and failures on the plant floor.
- Troubleshoot and correct equipment.
- Perform electrical, plumbing, pneumatic, and hydraulic
- Perform preventive maintenance on plant equipment in a thorough
and safe manner.
- Exhibit good communication skills.
- Work in team environment or independently.
- Train production employees as well as other mechanics and be
willing to be trained by other mechanics.
- Follow all plant and corporate safety and food safety policies
and procedures.OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (List job duties
which may be important to the performance of the job, but are not
principal job functions.)
- Work weekends or overtime with short notice on a daily basis if
- Assist other departments as needed.
- Participate in plant audit and inspection preparation.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.Job Requirements:PHYSICAL
DEMANDS: (Describe what physical demands will be placed upon the
individual in terms of lifting, pushing, pulling, etc.)
- Be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Be able to stand for majority of shift.
- Be able to read and write English.
- Be able to read and understand formulas and other
- Be able to work in high ambient temperatures.
- Be able to perform tasks requiring standing, lifting, pushing,
pulling, bending, twisting, climbing of machinery and/or
tooling.QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED: Education:
- High School Diploma or GED required. Experience:
- Minimum two (2) years experience in manufacturing setting.
- Experience with electrical, plumbing, conveyors,
motors/gearboxes, and reading schematics/blue prints. Alpha Baking
Company, Inc., a national distributor of breads, rolls and buns, as
well as sweet goods, was founded in 1979. Headquartered in Chicago,
Alpha Baking has three production plants in Illinois and others in
Indiana, Michigan, and Wisconsin. Alpha Baking's retail brands
include S. Rosen's, MaryAnn, Natural Ovens Bakery, Kreamo, and
Golden Hearth, with additional product sold under private label
agreements and the Alpha Baking foodservice brand. Our broad array
of products can be found in national restaurant chains, quick
service restaurants, schools, institutions, major league sports
franchises, national grocery chains and independent grocery
stores.We are an equal opportunity employer with policies
prohibiting unlawful discrimination on the basis of any protected
classification under applicable local, state and/or federal laws
which include race, color religion, sex, national origin, sexual
orientation, gender identity, disability status or veteran status,
Alpha Baking Company, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal
Employment Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: Alpha Baking, Wyoming , Maintenance Mechanic - Grand Rapids, Professions , Wyoming, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!