Posted on: January 9, 2022
Company: US0068 Sysco Grand Rapids, LLCZip Code:49512Minimum
Level of Education:High School or EquivalentMinimum Years of
Experience:0-1 YearsEmployment Type:Full TimeTravel Percentage:
0POSITION SUMMARY:This is an Operations position responsible for
checking oil, fluids, tire pressure and fueling all
- Fuel every piece of delivery equipment daily.
- Check all fluid levels of power equipment daily.
- Assist fleet shop when needed.
- Work with both fleet shop and night warehouse management to
ready equipment for use.
- Assist Wash Bay Associate as needed.
- Keep parking lot clean and free of debris.
- Assist the night truck spotters organize the truck
- High school diploma or General Education Development (GED) or
equivalent, or one to three months related experience and/or
training, or equivalent combination of education and
- Must submit to pre-employment drug screen.Professional Skills:
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short
correspondence, and memos
- Ability to write simple correspondence
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and
small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees
of the organization
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete
variables in standardized situations
- Ability to learn to drive and back-up tractor trailers and
straight trucksPhysical Demands:The physical demands described here
are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is
regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or
feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is
frequently required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch,
or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The
employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific
vision abilities required by this job include close vision,
distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception
and ability to adjust focus.Working Conditions:The above
information on this description has been designed to indicate the
general nature and level of work performed by associates within
this classification. It is not designed to contain or be
interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates
assigned to this job.To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of
knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions.BENEFITS INFORMATION:For information on Sysco s
Benefits, please visit HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATESCOVID-19
- Personal protective equipment and masks provided
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
OVERVIEW:Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution.
With over 57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles,
Sysco operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide
and serves more than 625,000 customer locations.We offer our
associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally,
to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to
serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We re
looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team.
Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of
food and service.AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:Applicants must be
currently authorized to work in the United States.We are proud to
be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and
consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed,
religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other
protected factor under federal, state or local law.This opportunity
is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and
affiliates. Associated topics: breakdown, customer service,
diagnose, equipment, machine repair, maintenance, mechanical,
millwright, repair, upgrade
Keywords: SYSCO, Wyoming , Maintenance Technician, Professions , Wyoming, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!