Company: ABC Technologies
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Overview:Part of the leadership team reporting to General
Manager, Materials Manager has total responsibility for materials
planning and logistics activities that include inventory
management, material planning, forecasting & replenishment,
warehousing, logistics and indirect procurement. This is a critical
role within the plant operations that ensure on-time customer order
fulfillment and delivery. This role drives strong collaboration
with finance, controlling, supply chain and program management
teams within plant and corporate settings.Responsibilities:
- Independent responsibility for material and logistics planning,
inventory planning, release management, on-hand inventory accuracy,
forecasting and replenishment, freight optimization.
- Lead a team of materials planners and plant procurement teams;
identify needs for skill development and focus on training and
performance improvement of the team.
- Design most optimal material planning and inventory solutions,
taking into consideration EBITDA, working capital and on-time
execution of customer orders; Supervise, initiate, control and
direct the activities of all personnel involved in ensuring on-time
delivery at minimum cost of labor and materials
- A significant contributor to the financial success of the plant
operation by ensuring customer satisfaction is a key priority.
- Lead continuous improvement plans as it relates to materials
planning, freight management, space optimization and timely
customer order fulfillment.
- Develop analytical tools and daily best practices as it relates
to inventory optimization and risk mitigation.
- Provide subject matter expertise to materials planning team as
it relates to ERP and inventory management best practices.
- Train materials personnel in TS16949, ISO 14001, Health and
Safety, and facility policies, procedures and work instructions as
they apply to their role.
- Lead physical inventories, monitor inventory levels and adjust
- Timely execution of performance appraisals for direct
- Ensure co-ordination between materials planning, production
schedules and shipping schedules to meet customer requirements.
- Co-ordinate all sub-contracting activitiesQualifications:
- A bachelor's degree or college diploma in business
administration, commerce or economics is preferred.
- Certification in Supply Chain/Materials Management Program from
an accredited institution will be a distinct advantage.
- Minimum 5 years functional experience in materials and
- Hands-on experience in monitoring and ensuring inventory
accuracy, inventory turnover rates and order fill rates to diagnose
inventory planning, forecasting and replenishment problems.
- Have led material planning and inventory performance
improvement projects in fast paced manufacturing settings.
- Demonstrate planning and analytical skills; able to recommend
and implement sustainable supply planning and inventory management
solutions to drive operational performance improvements.
- Solid experience in collaborating with controllers and other
managers to make forecasts and build inventories that are
compatible with plant's production and sales strategies and
- Possess excellent communication skills to interact with
co-workers, customers and suppliers about operational matters.
- Solid experience in evaluating and analyzing risks associated
with material planning and inventory management; hands-on
experience in managing customer demand variations.
- Working knowledge of freight planning, lane optimization.
- Solid knowledge of ERP system/BI reporting. Familiarity with
computer applications and communications software. Able to train
people on IT systems.
- Working experience on continuous improvement initiatives in
supply chain/plant operations settings.
- APICS /CPIM certification preferred
- Hands on experience in scheduling and inventory planning in an
ERP system environment.
Keywords: ABC Technologies, Wyoming , Materials Manager, Professions , Wyoming, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!