Field Install Trainer
Posted on: November 25, 2022
At Leaf Home, people are at the heart of everything we do, and
we've crafted a team of the very best to ensure we make a
difference. Our brands, including LeafFilter Gutter Protection,
Leaf Home Water Solutions, Leaf Home Safety Solutions, and Leaf
Home Enhancements, invest in our commitment to make each home safer
and more livable. In addition to serving our customers, Leaf Home
strives to build a welcoming and inclusive workplace. We are proud
to be a certified Great Place to Work - as well as a
multi-recipient of Top Workplaces. From free benefits to
people-focused committees like the Women's Committee, Diversity &
Inclusion Committee, and VetConnect, we are dedicated to making
Leaf Home a great place to work every day--- because who doesn't
want a job they can look forward to? Come grow your career with
- Big company with a family-owned feel - YOU are important to us,
and we've built a culture you'll love.
- Recognized as a top Ohio and US workplace by The Plain Dealer,
Energage, and Great Place to Work -.
- Job security - we have locations throughout the U.S. and
Canada, and we're not done growing!
- Inclusion, sustainability, and reliability are at the core of
- Veterans' resources available to help transitioning service
members find a new rhythm.
- Dedicated to providing resources and encouragement for employee
Position Summary: The Field Installation Trainer is responsible for
onboarding, training, and improving the proficiency of third-party
installation contractor teams. Provide feedback to the local office
on installer network capability. Build brand and product value
through increasing contractor engagement, work quality, and
hands-on training in the field to resolve issues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Train, coach and develop third-party installation contractors
through both classroom training and real-world training on the job
- Improve of third-party installation contractor retention rates
through impactful training and engagement
- Responsible for driving proficiency and efficiency amongst
third-party installation contractors
- Installation training subject matter expert - able to teach all
aspects of installing products on all types of homes with all
- Able to identify weaknesses of individuals and teams and create
or co-create ad hoc training events to address weaknesses
- Maintain accurate job-related documentation to ensure job
completion and contractor payment accuracy
- Works with Installation Managers on individual performance,
abilities, and capacities of the installers
- Partner with leadership on identifying systemic training gaps
and propose solutions to address gap
- Follow established job site safety rules, OSHA guidelines and
company safety policies and procedures
- Must hold a valid driver's license.
- Must be comfortable ascending and descending ladders of varying
heights to perform services.
- Complete administrative work as needed to support local office
- -Frequent travel in assigned local region
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor
Experience and Minimum Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 3+ years of successful experience in home construction,
remodeling, and/or installation
- Track record of successfully training, coaching, onboarding
third-party installation contractors
- Demonstrate superior quality and attention to detail in all
facets of the installation process
- Ability to teach others through hands-on and
documentation-based learning methods
- Must have a reliable truck, van or SUV that can carry
- Multi-height and adjustable ladders (28+ feet in
- Functioning tools to include drills, speed square, saw or
- Some positions may require additional tools to complete job
site training programs
- Ability to juggle various work activities and shift their
attention from one task to another to meet the demands of different
stakeholders without "dropping the ball".
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-energy, team-oriented
environment and have a "roll up your sleeves" and "today not
- Apply active listening skills through the ability to comprehend
information presented and respond thoughtfully.
- Detail-oriented and can focus on the task at hand, no matter
how minute, by finding the most efficient and effective pathway to
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required
for communicating with internal and external parties in a manner
that is both articulate and professional.
- Ability to logically connect ideas, scrutinize and evaluate
arguments, find inconsistencies and errors in work, solve complex
problems, and engage in reflection.
- Ability to provide timely and empathetic help through
in-person, phone, email, and social media avenues that keeps the
co-worker or customer's needs at the forefront of every
- Ability to communicate effectively, to recognize, understand,
and manage one's own emotions as well as others, and foster
positive working relationships across all levels of the
- Holding oneself responsible and being self-driven in
accomplishing business goals, adhering to policies and being
responsible for one's own actions, performance, and
- Familiarity and comfort using ladders of various
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel,
PowerPoint, Project, and/or Access).
- Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment
without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Abilities or Certifications:
- Prior experience in gutter and gutter protection system
- Prior skilled trades experience in plumbing, electric, and/or
- Prior experience in residential home improvement in areas such
as walk-in tubs, one day baths, kitchen refacing, replacement
windows, stairlifts, and/or water filtration systems
- -More than 50% domestic travel required.
Overtime/Additional Hours Requirements:
- -May be requested to work overtime on evenings and weekends
dependent on business need.
- Normal Office Environment
- Performs indoor work in a climate-controlled environment and
outside work in varying temperatures and climates.
- Medium work. Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds
of force constantly to move objects.
Are We Your Company?
Focused On Growth Leaf Home is dominating the home improvement
industry as we continue to grow. We work hard and play harder. For
us, we strive to be better than the best and we want you to join in
our success! With offices across the U.S. and Canada, our team is
diverse and strong. From marketing to sales, installation, and
service, we have the best team, right along with the best home
solutions. We are committed to our employees' growth, which we
- Innovating, Always: Leaf is focused on providing cutting edge
solutions, both for employees and customers
- Partnering With Our Customers: Building strong and trusted
relationships is at the core of everything we do
- Empowering Employees: Our brand begins and ends with our
people, and we provide opportunities for growth and success in a
- Supporting Our Communities: Home is where the heart is, and we
in turn strive to give back to the communities that our customers
and employees call home
What do we offer?
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Fully paid Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits after 90
- 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off, Comprehensive Health, Wellbeing, and Financial
- Childcare benefits to support families
- Endless opportunity for growth and advancement. Just ask our
Other perks you need to know about:
- Employee assistance program - get 24/7 support in areas
including legal, financial planning, and counseling.
- Employee discount marketplace - enjoy discounts on thousands of
products, from cars to local attractions.
- Gym membership compensation - your insurance will help cover
the cost of your gym membership!
- Groups like Vet Connect & the Women's Committee to help you get
involved and to provide resources for your success -
Leaf Home Awards and Accolades: Leaf Home has been recognized as a
top workplace by The Plain Dealer, is a - multi-year recipient of
Top Workplaces USA by Energage, and has been Certified--- by Great
Place to Work -. A few of our brands have also earned accolades,
- -LeafFilter and Leaf Home Safety Solutions have ranked on the
annual Remodeling 550 list
- Leaf Home, LeafFilter, and Leaf Home Safety Solutions have been
recognized on Qualified Remodeler magazine's Top 500 list
- Leaf Home is a Smart Culture Awards honoree for its
- Leaf Home is recognized as a growth leader on both the Inc.
5000 and Inc. 5000 Regionals: Midwest lists
For a full list of awards earned by our brands, please visit .
Diversity and Inclusion Statement
Leaf Home Solutions is committed to creating a diverse environment
and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We strive to
create an environment that embraces differences and fosters
Equal Opportunity Statement
Leaf Home Solutions will recruit, hire, train, and promote persons
in all job titles without regard to race, color, ancestry, national
origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital
status, religion, age, results of genetic testing, veteran status,
or physical/mental disability (except where the disability prevents
the individual from being able to perform the essential functions
of the job and cannot be reasonably accommodated in full compliance
with the law).
Keywords: LeafFilter, Wyoming , Field Install Trainer, Professions , Wyoming, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!