Optimization and Design Manager, Warehouse
Company: Gordon Food Service
Posted on: October 24, 2018
Are you looking for a new opportunity with a strong, stable and financially smart company? Do you want the opportunity for advancement in your career? If so, Gordon Food Service could be the place for you; for more than a century we have been honoring our promises to our customers and employees. As one of the largest privately held foodservice distributors in North America, our family-owned company has a history of pursuing innovative ideas and building strong relationships.
The continued growth of current and new markets allows for the addition of new talent to join our team. We're seeking great people looking for professional and personal growth and a place to make a difference in people's lives. If you are interested in joining an innovative, supportive, values-driven company, we invite you to consider a career with Gordon Food Service.
We are looking to onboard a North American Warehouse Optimization and Design Manager for our Supply Chain Center of Excellence Department. The Warehouse Optimization and Design Manager is a critical role to our business that works closely with North American leadership teams to connect warehouse design , layout, and workflow with systems and technology solutions that will meet operational future needs. Developing, delivering operational strategies, and best practices designed to drive efficiency while supporting strategic projects, regulatory and safety requirements through cross functional collaboration are key elements to this role. See additional details below!
What will you do?
- Develop North American Distribution Center design and automation solutions.
- Develop document and deliver North American operational best practice.
- Engages with North American warehouse leadership to understand performance opportunities.
- Collaborates with Grand Rapids regulatory compliance and food safety teams to develop standard warehouse policies and procedures.
- Manages North American warehouse roadmap associated with warehouse technologies and prioritizes warehouse technology enhancement development for technical teams.
- Strategic planning support for company acquisitions and new DC startups.
- Provides management at all levels with consultation, reporting, and recommendations on system and operations health. What do we need from you?
- Understanding of Supply Chain principles/ concepts.
- Extensive knowledge of warehouse operations.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning.
- Strong time management skills.
- Ability to lead in formal and informal settings.
- Adept in establishing rapport across diverse groups and individuals.
- Ability to see the big picture!
- Ability to travel between 10-25% of the time. Leading candidates will have........
- 10 years previous warehouse or related experience preferred or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Experience with Automation Material Handling Systems.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Google Applications.
- Knowledgeable in WMS, LMS and Business Analytics tools.
Click Here to get a quick glance of who we are and the impact you could have on the food service industry.
There's a seat at our table for you!
Be part of an amazing culture where what matters to you, matters to us!
Gordon Food Service values our customers and understands that their success is largely dependent upon their workforce. To demonstrate our commitment to our partnership, we will require any candidate who works for a Gordon Food Service customer to provide a letter of support from their management if they are selected for the interview process.
We take care of each other at Gordon Food Service. Employees love our competitive benefit plans, which include all the things you would expect and a few that you might not!
Click here for more details.
Want to Learn More About Gordon Food Service? Check Us Out:
Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration for employment, or in terms or conditions of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. The EEO is the Law poster is available here:
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request to ...@gfs.com and use the words \"Accommodation Request\" in your subject line. Please keep in mind this method is reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability.
All Gordon Food Service locations are tobacco-free.
Gordon Food Service is a drug-free workplace and drug tests all employees.
Associated topics: director, inventory control, leader, logistics analyst, logistics manager, logistics specialist, shift supervisor, rep, warehouse, warehouse management
Keywords: Gordon Food Service, Wyoming , Optimization and Design Manager, Warehouse, Professions , Wyoming, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!