Service Center Technician
Posted on: June 11, 2019
EXCITING OPPORTUNITY TO WORK WITH A GLOBAL LEADER IN STORED ENERGY
COMPETITIVE SALARY, GREAT BENEFITS AND CAREER GROWTH!
EnerSys is the global leader in stored energy solutions for
industrial applications. We have over thirty manufacturing and
assembly plants worldwide servicing over 10,000 customers in more
than 100 countries. Worldwide headquarters are located in Reading,
PA, USA with regional headquarters in Europe and Asia. We
complement our extensive line of Motive Power and Energy Systems
with a full range of integrated services and systems. With sales
and service locations throughout the world, and over 100 years of
battery experience, EnerSys is the power/full solution for stored
DC power products. We continue to grow in our industry by ensuring
all employees possess the following core competencies: customer
focused, team player, engaged, ethical, strong communication
skills, and works safely.
Provide technical and application support for EnerSys products and
services, in the assigned area against profitable margins and in
line with the business plan, in order to contribute to the
realization of service- related sales and service targets.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Follows all company policies and procedures as listed, but not
limited to: warranty, safety, environmental, OSHA, DOT Hazmat, and
* Maintains a safe, orderly, and clean working environment
* Is directly responsible for company assets, may include a service
vehicle, parts inventory, tools, laptop and test equipment
* Maintains truck log, if necessary, according to state and federal
* Works mainly in service center/shop, but could travel to customer
sites if needed
* Maintains telephone or radio contact with supervisor to receive
pickup and delivery instructions
* Maintains records of performance reports
* Prepares new and spent product for shipment
* Loads and unloads trucks. As needed, will operate material
handling equipment per OSHA requirements
* Replaces defective parts, reassembles batteries and fills cells
with the acid solution
* Reads meters and adjusts charge parameters to control time and
flow of current through the battery
* Ability to perform discharge tests evaluates results and makes
* Ensure day to day complaint logs and plan for a site visit
* Tracking service cells inward & outward and update on daily basis
in the tracker
* Frequent visit to customers to maintain good relations
* Ensure calibration of tools as per the due date
* Other duties may apply
* 2-4 years of previous customer service experience in field
* Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office and the Internet
* Able to operate a cell phone
* Basic mechanical aptitude
* Previous experience working with hand and power tools
* Able to read with comprehension and write documents (such as
customer correspondences, memos, and reports) in English
* Able to perform basic math such as add, subtract, multiply, and
divide into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common
fractions, and decimals
* High School Diploma or equivalent
* A basic electrical understanding
* The use of test equipment and reading schematics
* Technical degree in Engineering where/if applicable to the
GENERAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
* This position requires you to drive a company vehicle. Therefore,
you must be able to pass the company s driving requirements.
Certain vehicles may also require a specific drivers license and
have additional driving requirements.
* Must be able to differentiate colors.
* Must be able to frequently bend; twist; reach; stoop; kneel or
* Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds/23 kilos on a daily
continuous basis. Anything heavier will be done with the assistance
of a mechanical device or with the assistance of another
* Must be able to stand for long periods of time
* Employees are responsible for wearing the required Personal
Protective Equipment in the proper manner at all times.
* Must be able and willing to be on-call.
* Must be able and willing to wear a respirator.
* Must be able and willing to work varying schedules which may
include nights, weekends, and public holidays.
* Risk of electrical shock.
* This position is exposed to harmful materials such as
lead/fiberglass products. Periodic blood tests are required to
measure the level of lead. Precautions are taken by the
company/employee to reduce the risk of exposure and help ensure
* This position requires working in a plant/warehouse environment.
Therefore, expect varying working conditions.
EnerSys is always looking to hire top talent. EEOEM/F/D/V
Nearest Major Market: Grand Rapids
Keywords: Enersys, Wyoming , Service Center Technician, Professions , Wyoming, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!